CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We Are Officially Waiting!

As of today, we are officially on the waiting for a referral list! We may be the last in line, the bottom of the list, maybe #70? or so, but, we couldnt be happier to be there! It feels great to be done with all the paperwork and just wait and work on Annsleigh's room. I've been dreaming of her little face. Wonder if she is born yet. Wonder how her mother is, with the famine and drought. I pray for her and her mother. What will be so exciting for us will possibly be a tragedy for her. So, how can I pray for a quick referral? Yes, we cannot wait to hold our baby, but I realize this means her mother has had a broken heart and/or is tragically ill. Lord, help us be patient as Annsleigh is lovingly surrendered by a mother who loves her so much to give her a future. I know I would do anything for our son Bradley, but to think that some mothers have to make such a choice as a matter of life or death is humbling.

By the way, by the time I got done typing these thoughts, I got so excited to see that it is actually raining in Ethiopia right now!!!!! Thank you Lord! Send more their way!!

17 comments:

Erin Sager said...

Well said!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

YAY! Congratulations! I (think) we might be waiting, too, but I'm still not sure... I'm going to call today... I'll keep you posted! Here's to one step closer to your sweet little one! :)

Anonymous said...

yippie!! congrats...let the wait begin!

it won't be long now until you see miss annsleigh's face :)
~angie

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

Congrats!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you're on the list! I had no idea you lost a daughter. I'm so sorry.

Everyone's right-if Christmas comes and there are no babies, we should definitely change things up.

I haven't figured out what we're going to do-but, it'll be something.

:)

Let the countdown begin!

Teresa said...

Congratulations! This is the point you relax and pray for the rest of the journey to go smoothly. It was very difficult for me to think about my baby's birth mother. It breaks my heart to imagine what they have to go through.

I hope your referral comes quickly!!

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Yeah!! So happy to see that update. It's a great one, isn't it? Now you can relax for a while on the paperwork, and just trust in the perfect timing of it all (of course hoping it's super quick!!) Congrats!!

Justine said...

Congrats! I read your post on yahoo. So happy for you and your family.

LISA said...

Congrats!!I'm so happy you are on the list!!! Hey,I've been there for awhile, so i figure at this point...the more the merrier!!LOL!!

Laura said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

Amanda and John said...

Congrats!! I know the feeling..its GREAT! Lets hope that we have babies before Chistmas! :)

Frances Williams said...

We are so excited for you!!! We just found out on Friday that ours was on its way as well!

So excited!!!

Elizabeth said...

How exciting and what a sweet post!!!

atHisrighthand said...

Congrats to officially waiting. And yeah to the rain. We have been praying for that!
Elise

Anonymous said...

congratulations! Hope your wait isn't too long! I'm glad that you acknowledged the mother's feelings, too. I often think about my children's birth mothers...

Eastiopians said...

Congratulations! I look forward to watching your journey to your sweet child!

Annie said...

congrats! It feels great, doesn't it??