CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Referral Day Details

Okay, think I can finally pull myself away from her picture long enough just to type this. We have seriously been in a trance over her precious face. But, it has been a few days and feel it is now time to share the details of our referral day. WARNING: This has potential to be long. Now, before I get into the details of this day, I must go back to the day before, March 29. March 29 has always been a precious day in my heart because it is my first daughter Amanda's birthday. She would be 20 now. (WOW!) She died when she was 8 of a degenerative brain disease. In fact, Annsleigh is named partly after her....they both share the middle name Lynn. On Amanda's birthday, I was unable to go to the cemetary and let off balloons in memory of her as we always do because I had to work. The next day, I left the house jokingly telling Brad I'll have my cell phone on because I expect a referral call today! (eyes rolling) Well, I was off to take some things to the cemetary for Amanda. But, first, I had to stop by Bradley's pediatrician office to pick up some x-rays for a MD appt he had later that day. There I was in the basement of the clinic building where my cell phone always dies when I was missing my referral calls. Toni at the adoption agency called Brad at home and both of them repeatedly tried to call me. I was getting ansy waiting 30 min for x-ray copies because we had 7 newborn puppies that needed to be at the vet by then, that I just knew Brad would be trying to get a hold of me. So, finally, when I left the clinic and as soon as I got signal back on the phone, I called Brad to figure out when we were going to get 7 puppies to the vet. Well, when he answered he just said where are you? You just need to come home now! I asked him if something was wrong? He didnt want to tell me cuz either he wanted to surprise me and/or was afraid I would wreck coming home, but he finally said the adoption agency had been trying and trying to call me! We got the referral! So I asked him WHAT?!?!?!!?!?? Well, how old is she? He said Toni would not give him any info until she could get us both on the phone. AAAHHHHHHH! You talk about driving like a maniac! I was excited, and crying and driving irradically, of course getting stopped at EVERY stoplight. I looked in the passenger seat and saw all the cemetary birthday stuff for Amanda and lost it! I felt this was just a precious precious timing of God. And I felt Amanda was okay with all of this. That somehow, she was there. It was as close to being Amandas birthday as possible. Almost wrecked I dont know how many times. Finally got home Toni called and I dont remember much about the conversation!!! I wrote some things down, and then, we saw the picture! That was all she wrote! Kiss smudges all over the computer screen! Her little face is plastered all over the house and even in our cars on the dash! Cannot sleep, or concentrate on anything. We quickly printed off the pics and left to run over to a friends house to show her off, but we locked ourselves out of the house! No keys, cant get in, cant go to friends. What in the world? Well, I'll proudly take the credit for being able to break into our door successfully with my insurance card! And Brad was driving stopping a greenlights and going on red lights. Of course, we eagerly awaited her paperwork the next day, got it, read it, signed it, sent it, sealed, delivered, ACCEPTED!!!! And we love the name her birthmom gave her because it means " its okay" . We are going to incorporate it into her name. Sorry, this was long, but it is just too much to explain in a sentence or 2.

18 comments:

Annie said...

first off, you must put in the title..."have kleenex while reading!" Oh, I'm crying here....that is one of the most touching referral stories I have EVER read! yes, Amanda is a part of this wonderful blessing of your referral of Annsleigh. It's beautiful.

also, I was laughing at the red light/green light...I remember just NOT being able to drive that day and the same thing happening to me ;)

I am SO SO SO happy for you, Fran and Brad.

Congrats again--

Amanda said...

I've been waiting to read this! This is so perfect and so precious and so meant to be.

It's fitting that your soon to be daughter's name means what it does. How beautiful.

I'm so happy for you! So very, very happy!!!!

Justine said...

This is so beautiful. Just so beautiful and perfect. You have me crying. I can't tell you what it means to me to read your story now. There is such meaning to this whole process and it is easy to loose sight sometimes. Congrats again! I hope your court date is real, real soon.

Missy said...

Yep, I'm crying, too!!! I'm sooo happy for you!!!

Alida said...

I've been checking your blog to read the details and now I finally did. Out of all those times and days you waited it HAD to be THAT day .... this was meant to be .... HE always has it all figured out .... Oh, it brought tears to my eyes. What a special day .... no wonder you're over the moon ... I can't wait to see her picture too. I'm so happy for you guys.
Alida

elisa said...

Fran, I too have been stalking your blog, waiting for this story! I'm so happy for you and am so glad you shared this day with us. Now on to the court date and seeing that picture.

Erin Sager said...

tears of Joy for you, what a perfect day. Can't wait to see your little one one day. Thinking about you...Erin

The Parsons Flock said...

What a wonderful story! I dont think it could be more perfect! I am so happy for you!

Julie said...

Awesome story!!!
Congratulations!

Gretchen said...

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to read this. And am so touched and overwhelmed with it.

Thank you for sharing.

I am rejoicing for you!!!

Christina Hubbard said...

How amazing! And yes tears of joy are flowing here for you as well!
So happy for you.

Tina

Sherry said...

AMAZING!!!! What a wonderful story to share with Annsleigh one day! We are so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see pics.

Sherry

Elizabeth said...

Love your story! Perfect timing. Your face was just glowing today at work. I am SO excited for you.

Frances Williams said...

awesome!! i am soo crying here! so excited for you both, thanks for sharing!!!!

Steve and Aimee Walker said...

Congrats! Love hearing about the referral calls. What a great story to tell your little girl.

Erica said...

What an absolutely beautiful post! Your family has had quite a journey. Thank you for sharing your story. We are praying for you!

Erica R.

Renee said...

awesome- totally made me tear up- congratulations!!!!!!

Mom to many said...

Oh Fran,
Sooo happy for you - FINaLLY, I can read about that referral. I can't wait to see her cute face.