CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Things Just Got Worse!

Well, I would have never thought this would happen! The MD I have been going to for 20 years, the MD that delivered my daughter 18 years ago, and comforted me when she passed away, and the MD that counseled me and empathized with me through 6 miscarriages, the MD that was so excited along with me, when I made it passed my first trimester with my son Bradley, the MD that delivered Bradley 4 years ago, has now refused to redo my notarized medical letter. The notary she used expires in Sept 08. Well, if you are new to the adoption process, we cannot use a notary that expires within the next year. And I understand why. It takes sooooooooooooo long for all the paperwork to change so many hands, that it could be October before our paperwork is done travelling. Then, that notary is no good. Well, my MD took this personally and refused to redo my letter even though I offered to bring my own notary. I cried when I got this e-mail. I dont know what to do about continuing to see this MD. I am not at all worried about getting a notarized medical letter at my local walk-in clinic, it is a matter of seeing a side of my MD and the office I have never thought existed.

4 comments:

LISA said...

oh my gosh! OK...you MAY be able to attach a 'this is a true copy' blah blah blah thing. I don't know what it's called but it may work. Call your coordinator.Stupid doctor!Ticks me off! Boy, i'm in a mood today, Huh!!???

{B} said...

Hi Fran, We are kinda in the same boat...the DR. form was miserable...I had to fight for them to sign it and I brought in our own notary. We really had to educate them that there was no way we could adopt without this piece of paperwork...they finally understood, but they really weren't happy when I told them we will have to redo it in July because we has out blood drawn last July...oh how crazy this whole thing is. If they continue to refuse, I would try to find a new DR. Oh the hoops you have to jump through (sometimes hoops of fire) for an adoption.

Mrs. Engelhardt said...

I just found your blog off Lisa's....Wow! I sould definitely change doctors, with a letter informing him of your reasons. I might also try to educate a little about the adoption process. Good luck!

Gretchen Magruder said...

Ugh...the doctor letters were the worst for us, too....With the amount of money our doctors have made from my husband's medical problems, I expected alot more cooperation!!